Friday, 16 October 2015

Fall Beauty

Fall is my favourite season of the year mostly because it signifies the months leading up to the winter holidays. There is something about walking in boots, layering knits and adoring darker colours that get's me all too excited! You might want to grab a cup of tea, cause this is a little longer post :)


If you know me, it's not too often I have bare finger nails. As the seasons change, so do my choices of nail colours. In the Fall I like to go for more neutral tones. If it is a brighter colour I tend to choose more rich jewel tones.
These are some of my top picks:

Julep: Briana, Rooney, Ellis
Revlon Colorstay Gel Envy: Perfect Pair, Queen of Hearts, Double Down
Essie: Sable Collar, Cashmere Robe, Penny Talk

Inspired by manicures found on Pinterest, I attempted a couple of nail designs. The first look features an accent finger simply drawn on with a sharpie, followed by a clear top coat. Fun fact: if you make a mistake makeup remover removes the sharpie without ruining your polish!

Julep: Ellis 

This second manicure takes a little more precision and patience. I first painted my nails with a neutral shade and let them dry. Then I used scotch tape to block off the top half of my nail (Pro tip: painter's tape/washi tape makes the removal process much easier!) and painted the bottom half with another polish. When completely dry, remove the tape and finish off with a clear coat.

Julep: Margit and Nails Inc. London: St Martin's Lane

Not only have I changed up the colours of my polish but I've also changed up my everyday make up look. I've recently become a little obsessed with berry and rose toned lip colours. I'm still trying to convince myself to become brave enough to wear these on a daily basis... For now I'll pull them out once a week. 

NARS satin lip pencil in Rikugien, Revlon colorburst matte balm in Sultry, Hikari lip gloss in Merlot

Wearing a bolder lip leads me to tone down the intensity of colour used on my eyes. The Urban Decay Naked Basics eyeshadow palette is my everyday holy grail. (I really rely on this too much.) In the looks below I went for a neutral matte, a soft plum, and a rosey copper to compliment the lip colours worn.

Hikari lip gloss in Merlot
Clinique different lipstick in A Different Grape
NARS satin lip pencil in Rikugien

I've been recieving gorgeous eyeshadows in my subscription boxes and am way too stoked to crack them open to experiment! I hope this post inspired you to maybe try out a new colour for your nails, or a new lipstick, or maybe change your entire make up look for the fall. Whatever it is, I hope you all are enjoying fall as much as I am!


xo Steph




No comments:

Post a Comment