Sunday, 11 October 2015

Thanksgiving Thoughts

From us to you, HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

It's so nice to have a long weekend to enjoy and spend time with loved ones. In light of this weekend, we want to share what we're thankful for with all of you. We hope that Thanksgiving serves as a reminder to express thankfulness more often than we tend to do. A heart of gratitude makes all the difference!

Ann
I am grateful for the patience of my family. Even though they aren't very expressive, they show me their support in other ways - quieter ways. I'll be honest, these are the people I have taken for granted. I have placed them in the background because I saw them everyday for so many years. It reached a point where it basically became a nuisance to me. Even though we do not agree on a lot of things, in times of sorrow they are shining examples of a persevering love. I guess it's really not all that bad living with them. For one thing, free delicious home-cooked meals.

Moreover, I appreciate the support of my friends. It's easy to collect friends or followers, but how many can say that they have truly valuable companions who will stand up for you? Although few, I am blessed to have friends who genuinely care for my well-being and who encourage me to keep trekking on.

"It is not happy people who are thankful, it is thankful people that are happy." - Anonymous

Steph
I am thankful for all the great opportunities I have experienced this year so far. Being an introvert getting to know others or placing myself in new situations do not come easily. I am grateful to have the ability to travel to explore new places and meet new people. This might sound strange but I am also thankful to live in an era where technology and the internet so readily exists. We might not even think of how reliant we are on this. Without it I may not have developed the great friendships I have today or even know of the infinite possible opportunities that exist! Now let's be honest (you can interpret this however you like), many of my life choices and opportunities are given thanks to the existence of boy bands. 




Carmen
I am thankful for a family that loves and sacrifices for us. Families are very significant in the role that they play and sometimes valuing them is easier said than done. I am also thankful for good health as that is a tremendous gift and shouldn't be something we take for granted. Lastly, for all the blessings I've had and all the mistakes I've made in the past as these things has allowed me to grow and learn from them. 

"As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them." - John Fitzgerald Kennedy

Sarah
I am thankful for all the experiences I've been able to persevere and learn from. This year has pushed me out of my shell in various ways. It has been a huge learning curve from taking a step back from an eventful schedule to better my own self care, travelling with not so like minded travel mates to be aware of selflessness, and welcoming and appreciating faces in my life that I may have been reluctant to accept. I praise God for being so fruitful and pushing me to seek growth despite the obstacles that came my way. Lastly, I'm so grateful to have this creative outlet to venture into!




There is always something to be thankful for. What are you giving thanks for today?


xo Meraki Connexion

No comments:

Post a Comment