Tuesday, 19 January 2016

Tuesday Thoughts: Reflections & Resolutions



2016. 

Unlike prior "new" years, where I make ambitious categorized goals such as fitness and health regimes, intentionality in my faith, relationship-building with family and friends, and expanding skill sets and interests, this year is quite the opposite. Instead, I'm drawn to have a year summed up in rest, peace, and nothing short of expectations - without having to write them down. I simply want to embrace this year as it unfolds and accept the journey for what it is rather than make it into something I want it to be.

2015 was a very driven year for me. Being a lead representative in different ministries, challenged out of my comfort zone, accepting broken parts of my life that needed mindful healing, and opening myself up to new perspectives, there isn't find a single word to encapsulate all this. But in summation, I definitely learned to let go of the need to control, to release the yearning on how I envision my life to be, and accept it for what it is.

Having said that, I think twelve months is not long enough to assess whether or not I've achieve everything in 2015, so I think many items will overflow into this year as it progresses. As a person directed by emotions, thus, sometimes guilty of making emotional decisions, I hope to be more mindful of who I am and what I decide to do. Sometimes I can get caught up in what society or others want of me rather than being true to myself, so I think this will continually bring forth obstacles for me to navigate through. No pain no gain, right?

So besides just taking it easy and making myself seem without specific goals, I know there will be experiences I want to jump on, ideas I want to bloom, and passions I want to engage in as time passes. I guess you and I will just have to wait and find out what those are.


Cheers to 2016!

xo Sarah




No comments:

Post a Comment