Friday, 18 March 2016

Modern Chainmail




Lately, I've been pretty obsessed with this Banana Republic blazer (on sale, of course). The jacket is unusual with its metallic basketweave fabric that reminds me of chainmail. The asymmetrical zipper and snaps further enhance its edginess while the back flounce and raw trims along the sleeves and hem (like Chanel's classic boucle blazer) add that feminine touch. 

Although it is a stand-out piece, it's quite a versatile one at that. Pop it over a t-shirt and jeans for a casual look, over a flared skirt for something a little more flirty, or go fierce with killer boots and funky hair. To make a more unusual piece adaptable, select garments in neutral colours as you want to focus more on the fabric construction, hardware details, and/ or design lines.

What I found most challenging with this post was having to be both the model and photographer. I had a limited window to take the shots as it was only effective when there was enough sunlight pouring into the room. Because I had to take my own photos, I learned more about the camera's functions, and I got a bit of a workout walking back and forth between each shot. 








xo Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment