Friday, 27 May 2016

Pantone Spring Fashion Colours



This year's spring colours are chosen to be transporting and transformative and designed to be unisex, transcending gender and cultural norms. It's a balance of peppy brights and subdued tones to evoke a sense of excitement while also being calming. Leatrice Eisman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute, coins this season's palette as such:

"Colours this season transport us to a happier, sunnier place where we feel free to express a wittier version of our real selves."

The objective is to create an outfit using two or more colours from the Pantone colour choices, describing the kind of woman behind her clothes. So let's see what the lovely Meraki ladies have come up with!


Rose Quartz + Fiesta

Channeling my inner boho festival girl - Light pieces are essential for spending time in the sun. As someone who's wardrobe is mainly monochromatic, rose quartz pieces are perfect to incorporate colour for spring without going too far out of my comfort zone. Instead I chose to feature my jelly sandals to bring an electric pop of fun to the look. Paired with a side braid (inspired by Emma Roberts at Coachella), fringed shorts, and a crochet kimono, I'm set to sing my heart out to every song by The Lumineers.





Iced Coffee + Green Flash

I'm going for modern, business chic while maintaining a hint of whimsy. A crisp, white shirt is a classic staple for a perpetually fresh look that will always be elegant yet sensual. The taupe coat is my new favourite topper with its draped front and roll tabs. Match that with wedges, and of course better put on a pair of pants. This outfit makes me feel pretty confident but still in line with my quirky nature thanks to the watercolour kiwi slices. 




xo Meraki Connexion

No comments:

Post a Comment