Saturday, 9 July 2016

The Selection

If you ever have suffered from the following scenario, you and I have too much in common.


Cue, The Selection. If you have not read this series stop everything now and go get it!!
I had the first book sitting on my bookshelf for almost a year because I'm dumb. That's the only reason I've got. If the beautiful dresses on the book covers are not enticing enough for you to look into this series, I'm sorry but you're reading the wrong books.


If you're into anything along the lines of romantic, dystopian, young adult novels this is exactly what you will get. The series revolves around a young girl named America living in the country of Illea. There, people are living in castes that determine your quality of life. With a royal family in charge of their country, the heir to the throne, Maxon, must select a wife from a group of 36 young women.

Throughout the series I once again struggled with my emotional attachment to fictional characters. There were too many times I wanted to scream at America for what she was thinking and doing, but I'm glad Kiera Cass made her character someone I'd hate at times. (How boring would it be if she was just a goody two shoes?) Of the books in the series, The Elite was my favourite because I could not put it down and was forever wondering what would happen next with America! 

Without giving too much away, I'll just say this: I am secretly wishing for a real-life version of Maxon to exist. This is a must read if you're a sucker for mushy romantic boys or you've always dreamed of becoming a princess. I can't wait to dive into the next two books!


xo Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment